Sunday, October 26, 2008

October 11, Post - My Hair Is Driving Me Crazy!!!!

Okay, I have to confess I absolutely love my hair. I'm obsessed. I can't keep my hands out my hair nor my eyes off of youtube searching for ideas of what to do with my hair. I honestly have been fighting with the idea of doing the BC (big chop) fairly soon. But because I want to do my hair a certain way for christmas and my so's birthday and I dont want to achieve it with weave, I'm going to hold out. Which is a good thing because I really don't want to chop until June 17. Especially considering that the cold winter months are here and I need to do everything I possibly can to protect my hair. I mean what's the point of doing the BC if your not going to show it off. Well anyways I figured the summer time would be a good time to do it. And hopefully my hair will be shoulder length.

I noticed something really weird about my hair today. I know I shouldn't be hair typing myself because its a little too early, but hey I stay in my hair. Because I was extremely curious about if I was ready for a big chop I cut a few relaxed strands off of two sections of hair. The piece I cut on my front right temple showed hair that was like a really small coil like it was wrapped around a little small coffee stirrer straw. But then I cut a little piece on the opposite side above my ear and it acted like it didn't want to curl. For the most part it just stayed straight and then with a little more water it got wavy and then with some conditioner it actually curled a little. Which is the same way it happened for the front except it started with small waves and then with a little water the waves clumped together a little bit and then with conditioner it curled. But the curl above my ear was a little bit bigger than the size of a regular straw. And finally the back of my hair. It always breaks off back there, especially when I was perming it. I think my hair is really fragile back there. Well anyways I put a little water on the hair in the back and it curled right up with no problem and with extra shine. The curl was the about the same size of the curl above my ear, (if not a little smaller). This confuses me a lot because whenever I have shed hair the curly part of the shed hair has a small coil like the hair near my front temple. I mean I know I'm suppose to have different curl patterns in my head, but I feel like its going to look weird. I'll have really tight curls in the front on the sides and big curls at the top and at the nape of my neck? God makes no mistakes so I really shouldn't even be questioning this. I'm just a little anxious and scared is all.

I'm trying very hard not to flat iron my hair. I really want to wait until Christmas to do that. I hate what heat does to the ends of my hair. I swear they just constantly break off and all my ends are on my shirt and no longer on my head.

1 comment:

hj45uyb4uy45yv3tv3wetfcv5j76 knn7 said...

when i first went natural i went to puchase a flat iron, needless to say the result was nothing i could have ever expected. so after that i took it back and decided to wear braids for a while.