Sunday, October 26, 2008

August 29, 2008 Post - What's happened since April

Since April I have been lurking LHCF and Youtube and I have learned a lot of things about my hair and just African American hair in general. I feel like this is what I have been doing all summer. Oh wait, this IS what I have been doing all summer. Its sad I know, but I think I am truly obsessed with hair. During the summer I kind of neglected my hair a little bit. I think I even may have went two and a half weeks without cowashing. Even worse I went two months without clarifying my hair. I went crazy!

I guess you can say I got lazy and stopped cowashing everyday. So instead I just made sure I moisturized my hair and scalp with warm water and tea tree oil. While I didn't cowash I did atleast run my hair/braids under a hot shower once a week. And then it finally caught on that it wouldn't take but a few more minutes to massage my scalp with conditioner. Boy was I wrong. I honestly don't think you can tell in the pictures, but I have a lot of hair and its thick. Now it may not be as long as others, but its super thick. It always amazes me what a little manipulation and heat can do to my hair.

As you can probably guess my regimen has changed. Currently I am using a growth aid and am on three challenges that coincide with each other somewhat, well, two do for sure. I have decided to take my cowashes down from nearly everyday to once a week which will be on Wednesdays (no classes). Coming this Wednesday I'm going to sally's to purchase some curlformers and a hard hooded dryer. And I will be doing these every week for awhile. Everyday I will be "megasagging" my scalp and wearing some type of updo,braidout, or twistout. I'm not quite sure how well these curlformers will work on my hair, but I'm hoping better than my regular rollersets because I only get three day hair out of it then I end up doing a braidout or twistout on stretched hair, which works, but I don't like manipulating my hair that much.

Anyways, thats the update for now. I may give another small little update between October and Novemeber to tell you how the challenges are coming along. I'm so excited about them I'm praying that I'll have APL by Christmas so I can go to the dinner swangin' my hair in front of everybody lol. I'm trying to transition to the point where I don't have to do a Big Chop, but I think one day I'm just going to have enough of the relaxed hair and chop it off. Then again I've been looking at the Brazilian Keratin Treatments, but a part of me is just like what makes embalming fluid or ether better than lye or no-lye relaxers??? The only difference is that you MIGHT get your texture back from one.???!! so its really questionable.

O just a quick comparison of straight hair pics both taken after a fresh roller set and saran wrap.
<-This was taken in May (5 Months Post)
This was taken in August (8 Months Post)->

No comments: