Tuesday, January 18, 2011

May 2010


I also found myself defining my curls a lot last summer as well which actually only added to the single strand knot issue more but I just couldnt keep my hands out my hair. Not to mention I was very much so in love with my curls. So here are my long over due wash and go and rinse and go instructions.

Wash N Go
1. Detangle hair with deep conditioner and place in plaits.

2. Rinse hair while still in plaits and allow hair to dry 50% to decrease drying time. (I Found that the size of my plaits and the drying time I allowed before applying gel/defining my curls effect the type of curls I have. I.e. With these results I didnt allow my hair time to dry which added to the frizziness at the roots. But allowing the hair to completely dry before the next step will allow for a more wavy look depending on your natural hair's texture and response to moisture. Which is why the deep conditioning step is so important. Without it your hair will try to suck all the moisture out of the air and product you use. Holding your hair hostage to the frizzies more so than the wash n go style you're trying to achieve.)

3. Unravel a plait and section off 1 inch to 2 inch smaller sections clip the larger portion out of the way.

4. Apply leave-in conditioner (i used hawaiian silky 14 in 1) just enough to lightly give the hair moisture or a light coating depending on how long you let your hair dry. Dont over do it.

5. Then apply gel (i used eco styler clear gel)to the roots in a downward motion and to the length of the hair in a rake and smooth motion. Remember less is more when applying product and the amount of times you rake and smooth. You want to do it enough times where the hair is completely coated with product but not drenched in product.

6. Continue sectioning off 1 inch to 2 inch sections and repeating steps 4-5 until you have completed your whole head.

7. If you like extra volume or full curly hair once you are done applying product flip your head upside down and shake or for more fun turn Willow Smith on and Whip Your Hair.

Rinse N Go (to refresh that 3 day old wash n go)
1. While in the shower lightly rinse your hair remember not to rinse the product out your really just wetting your hair.

2. Lightly pull and squeeze your hair into a ponytail just enough to reactivate the gel. Your not squeezing out the gel mind you. Your hair should feel heavy.

3. Plop and Repeat step seven from above to separate your curls. More shaking/whipping equals more volume/fullness.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: